Here in the UK we celebrated Mother's Day yesterday - I will never understand why it has to be on different days across the globe, but there you go.
Just for fun here is a list of the different countries across the globe and when they celebrate Mother's Day (I am not sure why the UK is listed as 14 March on here...so there may be a few other anomalies):
- February 13 - Norway
- March 3 - Georgia
- March 8 - Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Laos, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine.
- March 14 - Ireland, Nigeria, United Kingdom
- March 21 (first day of spring) - Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
- March 25 - Slovenia
- April 7 - Armenia
- May 1 (first Sunday in May) - Hungary, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain
- May 8 - Albania, South Korea (Parents' Day)
- May 10 - El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico
- May 8 - Anguilla, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Ecuador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- May 26 - Poland
- May 27 - Bolivia
- May 29 (last Sunday in May) - Algeria, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mauritius, Morocco, Sweden, Tunisia, France (France is the last Sunday in May except if it coincides with Pentecost day (50th day after lent), in which case it is shifted to the first Sunday in June)
- May 30 - Nicaragua
- June 12 (second Sunday in June) - Luxembourg
- June 26 (last Sunday in June) - Kenya
- August 12 - Thailand (Queen Sirikit Kitiyakara's birthday)
- August 15 - Costa Rica, Antwerp (Belgium)
- October 10 (second Monday in October) - Malawi
- October 14 - Belarus
- October 16 (third Sunday in October) - Argentina
- December 8 - Panama
- December 22 - Indonesia
(list source: MothersDayCentral)
So,do you still have Mother's Day to look forward to? If you still look for inspiration for a card, here is one that I created this year using the following papers from the BLOSSOM line
#BLO012. Freshly Picked
Additionally, I used a circle punch and punched out ten circles of the same size taking a sheet from the CUPCAKE line
Alternating the two sides of the paper, I arranged five circles on top of each other, pierced a brad through the middle and crunched each circle edge close together - to create wee flowers.
Using the #UDD124. Classy Brown - Alpha (8x8) Rub Ons for the sentiment, here is my Mother's Day card for 2011
And as I still had the above papers on my desk, I created a Happy Birthday card to go with it, but this time using the #UDD190. Sweet Celebrations Rub Ons for the sentiment