want to make one yourself? here's the easy instructions to make this project....
"A New Day" line, some pipe cleaners; small thin wire, buttons, die cut machine with a flower cartridg, chipboard star, rubon from the Oh Happy Day pack, border punch, adhesive of your choice, some rice and a recycled jar.
2. Next I worked on cutting my flowers from the pattern paper. I made sure I cut them in different sizes which the largest at 3" and the smallest at 1 1/2".
3. Then I layered them together. I put together about 4-5 layers for each flower. I also used my finger to curl up the edges to give the flowers more dimension.
4. Repeat the process to make as many flowers as you'll need for your vase.
5. With a paper piercer, poke two holes through a button and all the layers of your paper flowers.
6. Thread the wire through the holes and secure at the back.
10. When I was placing the flowers in the vase/jar, it seems like it was wobbly so I poured some rice in there to keep the flowers upright. I use this technique all the time when I put together my own flower arrangements. Dried beans and rice are perfect in my opinion because you already have them on hand and when you don't need them for your flower arrangements anymore, you can still cook 'em.
11. I transferred the circle rubon from the Oh Happy Day rubon sheet onto the white pattern paper and then trimmed it to size.
12. I wanted to use a chipboard star to compliment my theme but because the star didn't match my color scheme, I covered it up with paper.
13. Trim off excess paper from the edges of the chipboard star.
15. Adhere the star onto the rubon circle and add a red button with baker's twine threaded through it. This completed my red, white and blue color scheme!