Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Everlasting Beauty

Being a creative person can sometimes be a bit exhausting - especially when you become a member of this great company and have lots of gorgeous paper, stamps and rub ons to play with!
My DT pack arrived from Amanda and the team at Upsy Daisy and I have been playing with all of the new ranges of papers all week. There was one range of paper that simply SHOUTED out to be used, though, and that was the Everlasting Beauty range.

A range of double sided papers that had me drooling, let me tell you!

Combined with the fabulous ribbon pack sent to us by Savvy 'n' Sassy - oh! I was in seventh heaven. These glorious ribbons simply had to be used with the Everlasting Beauty papers, and here is the result.


Photobucket
I used the back of "Dreamer" as the base, then matted the photo on the back of "Enchanting", added some vintage sheet music and used the deep chocolate brown of the back of "Natural" another sheet of paper to provide depth to the background.
Then I cut out some of the imagery on the deep burgundy "Natural" paper and used them as embellishments.
To finish I then used the Upsy Daisy co-ordinating Alphabet stickers to add the title.
The papers coped brilliantly with everything I did to them - sanding, inking, scoring, tearing - you name it! It lends itself to a vintage "feel" so the photo was also doctored in Photoshop to go with the vintage theme.
The entire LO was then held together by those wonderful ribbons which were folded, sewn and stuck on in layers to add interest and depth to the page.
The Upsy Daisy Stamps "Floral Flourishes"were then used with "Old Rose" coloured ink as simple flourishes beneath the embellishments and title.
Although this might seem like a busy LO, it took very little time. I guess that's what happens when you've got great products to work with!
Take care everyone,
Sarah xx


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


13 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Absolutely love this layout. The elements are amazing, the layers, that adorable picture. I love everything about this.

Britta said...

Hi Sarah! I love, love, love new products *lol* isn´t it so much fun to play around with!?
Beautiful LO!
Britta

Mireille said...

beautiful! Love the grungeboard hinges!

Roslyn said...

I love your layout! I like how much stuff you used, but still kept the focus on the photo. Awesome!

justmel said...

absolutely beautiful

Sandra said...

That is so beautiful! Love the butterfly.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is truly stunning...amazing, everything.
Wow....

Renee Dowling said...

This is simply stunning! what more can I say, you have show cased these papers beautifully, can't wait to see your next creation!
Reneexx

Kimmie said...

beautiful layout

Sandie said...

Oh wow!! That is absolutely fantastic!! I just love the way you did the flourish stamps beneath the embellishments. Wonderful photo too :)

Sares said...

Thanks everyone - I appreciate your comments!!

Take care all,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Sarah that's incredible! I LOVE it! Beautiful job! xo Amanda

dutchbird said...

Just stunning! I love everything about it!