Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Friday! May 30, 2008


Hello everyone! This is my first blog post as an "official" member of the Upsy Daisy Design Team - how exciting!

I knew as soon as I laid eyes on the Cupcake Collection that it would be fun to work with, and it most certainly was! I am really drawn to vibrant colours, and with 2 teenage daughters, these patterns and colours were ideal!

I like to keep my pages fairly clean and photo-centred, but I also like to sneak a little bit of technique and interest in sometimes too. On this page, I stamped onto a different patterned paper using the super fun Make a Bloom stamps, and then I cut out where I had stamped and used pop dots and bet teh petals upwards to create a bit of dimension. I layered a couple of ribbons from Savvy n Sassy, and added a simple title.
Nothing complicated, nothing too busy, but I really love the end look!

Thanks for having a peek and have a wonderful weekend!

Kathy


6 comments:

Roslyn said...

Love the bright colors!

Nonie said...

Gorgeous Kathy!! Congrats on your first post!! Can't wait to see more!!

Kimmie said...

great layout

Lorraine M. said...

Great page!

Sandra said...

Love it Kathy! I love how your layouts are simple but still so dramatic!

Anonymous said...

Looks great Kathy! Love what you did with the lace! xo Amanda