Monday, May 3, 2010

Monthly Sketch - May 2010

Are you enjoying the monthly sketches?
I find they generally give me the final piece of inspiration I need to get creative, even if my layouts never quite turn out the same way as I intended when starting...

So, let's see what we have in store for you, this fine May:



All {{ UDD DT members}} could choose their favourite of the three new lines to interpret the sketch and in addition should make use of the wonderful new {{ Metal Brads }}

Here is my version:
 ** click on the image to enlarge **
Upsy Daisy Designs Products used:
Papers: #BLO015. Spring Breeze, #BLO014. Precious, #BLO012. Freshly Picked - {{ all BLOSSOM LINE }}
Rub Ons: #UDD194. Planes, Trains and Automobiles,  #UDD124. Classy Brown - Alpha (8x8)
Brads:  #BRD314. Metallic Blossom


DT Member JULIA also used the BLOSSOM line in combination with ALLIGATOR and I love how she created her own scalloped border on the #SYLA013. Everglades paper.


DT Members GRACE and ANDREA both used papers from the VOGUE line and showcase perfect just how differently the same paper line can be used, just by flipping the patterned side over.





DT Member SANDI made her focal point really stand out from the background by cutting along the outline of the #SYLA011. A is for Alligator paper and mounting it on a piece of 12 x 12 hessian. Sandi also used other papers from the ALLIGATOR line.



We would love for you to have a play with our sketch and link us back to your projects within the comments section.

3 comments:

jill said...

I love this LO design, Kim. And LOVE the new brads!!!!

Julia Sáddi said...

Wow! Loved this Lo and the usage of the brads. Your work has inspired me! xox Julia Sáddi

Sandi Counceller said...

Everyone's layouts look great!!