Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Past and Present...

For this week's layout, I really wanted to do a past/present layout and realized I had these two beautiful photos of my daughter, one taken at age three and one taken this year at (almost) age 8. They are both face shots of her with her dance costume and makeup on, which made them "match" visually.

The soft look of Upsy Daisy Designs "Blossom" paper line was perfect for this layout, but I also mixed in some from the "Enchanted" line (the background) and the "Cupcake" line (the pink). Some of the larger pink and brown circles are from the "Circle of Friends" Upsy Daisy Designs line. It was fun to see how well these papers looked together .... and also realize how much just my daughter's face has "matured" in 5 short years!


I also used Upsy Daisy Designs rub on letters (in brown) for most of the title and some rub on flowers that were also included on the "Basic Brown Alpha" rub ons.  The stamp you see under the title "Dance" is an Upsy Daisy Designs clear stamp (love those!!) from a pack called "Floral Flourishes."  I used my sewing machine for the light brown zig-zag edge on the left of the pink paper.  I like it when layouts look pretty and simple (or classic) but they also have some little unique touches to make them more interesting than at first glance.

Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Kim Sonksen said...

I am with ya on the Floral Flourishes stamps....I adore them!

Love your layout and how you combined the rub ons from the older line with the papers from the new one.

Gorgeous layout and a very gorgeous daughter

Julia Sáddi said...

Love it!!! Delicate and beautiful layout! xox Julia