Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Project!

HI everyone!

I decided to do a fall project with Upsy Daisy Designs products and it was so much fun!  The neat thing about this project is that it could be used as a gift, a centerpiece, or a candle holder.  I decided to make a cute centerpiece....

I used my curvy blade on my paper trimmer to cut strips from a piece of the "A Walk in the Park - Beautiful" paper.  I left the strips attached at the top about 1/2 inch and then hot-glued them around the top of the container and the bottom, making them "bulge" out in a pumpkin shape. 

I  then added white ovals and the Upsy Daisy Designs black brads for eyes, an orange button for the nose, and Upsy Daisy Designs thick rick rack ribbon for the mouth. 

I wanted my pumpkin to be a girl, so I made thin strips with the "Splendid" paper from the same paper line, and spiral wrapped them around a thin pencil to create curls.  I added the green Upsy Daisy ribbon around the top of the container, and also added an orange UDD bow for her hair. 

Then I went to work on the scarecrow!



For the scarecrow, I just cut out two sides of a shirt and used strips of Upsy Daisy Designs paper to make his clothes...(yes, I really sewed them together with the sewing machine!)  Then I stuffed raffia into the doll and glued him together and attached him to a dowel rod.  I added some ribbon for a bow and hat, a scalloped edge on his shirt with a little glitter glue... and that was it!

I also used the wonderful Helmar Adhesives for this project!

I think it turned out really cute!  The Upsy Daisy Designs papers are so versatile for any season... which is one of the reasons I love them so much!  Hope you like it too!

7 comments:

Kim Sonksen said...

HOLY Scarecrow....what an AMAZING project. I love everything about this - the pumpkin and the uber-cute scarecrow

Jacquelin said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!

Julia Sáddi said...

Hi Sandi!!! Great project, congrats!
1 Huuuuge Hug, Julia Sáddi

Robyn Schaub said...

Wow, Sandi! That is fabulous! I want one!

Marielle said...

this is too cute !! Love the scarecrow !!!

Tracey Taylor said...

You outdid yourself! LOVE the scarecrow!!

janis said...

this is tooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i super love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!