Monday, October 18, 2010

Ice Cream Tutorial

Hello everyone and happy Monday. Today I would like to share with you how I made my easy peezy but cute Ice cream embellishment that I used in this page....


this was the page I made using Kim's October sketch. Make sure you check it out here and if so incline play along. We always look forward to seeing what people do with Kim's great sketches.

Ok so onto the tutorial. Here's what you'll need...
Papers
1" circle punch
bone folder or popsicle stick
sand block/paper
paper trimmer












*I adhered my ice cream with pop up adhesive so that it'll add dimension to the page.
*Papers are from the Circle of friends line and brads are from the "New Day" collection.

and I can't leave without sharing another easy peezy project that is Halloween inspired.

Halloween cupcake toppers

I used some dingbats to create my "spooky and silly" faces. I printed them off and colored them in with color pencils.


I then used some papers from the Enchanted line for the backs of each topper. I love the dark purple hues of that line. I think it totally coordinates with any Halloween project. After that, I added some orange glitter and ribbon, then placed them all on a popsicle stick and added to my cupcakes. Now how easy can that get?!

So there you have it. Hope you were inspired to make something fun today.

Till next time,
Grace

5 comments:

Julia Sáddi said...

Great Project and Lovely ice cream cones, Grace, congrats!!!
xox Julia Sáddi

Robyn Schaub said...

How fun!

Kim Sonksen said...

Fabulous tutorial - I love how easy you can achieve such a fantastic texture on the cone.

Jacquelin said...

Adorable - and I am off to make tose cupcake toppers!

Sandi Counceller said...

Wonderful and yummy at the same time! :-)