Monday, October 4, 2010

Monthly Sketch - October 2010

Happy Fall ya'll :)

Are you all excited about Halloween already? In the UK we don't really celebrate it as much as our friends in the U.S. and Canada but that doesn't stop me from getting antsy about it and enjoy all the wonderful blog posts and pictures popping up everywhere across the net, showing fabulous Halloween projects and costumes.

During October, we would like to show you a few Halloween projects on the {{ Daisy Diaries }} and prove that you do not have to buy Halloween themed papers to go for the "boo" or "cute pumpkin" factor. But first off, let me show you this months' sketch, which I used to create a layout totally unrelated to Halloween....


** click on any of the images to enlarge their view **


More often than not, when I look at a sketch my layout will turn out completely different to the blueprint. Mainly because I pick one element off the sketch and put my own twist on it. In this instance, I took my inspiration from the layered circles - only on my layout they are
layered flowers :).

UDD Products used: #HSH011. Alma, #HSH012. Beach, #HSH015. Midland Ave (all from the Home Sweet Home Line) ** #VO012. Chic (from the Vogue Line)




JANIS used the wonderful BLOSSOM collection for her wonderful layout. Adorable how she incorporated the two different sizes doilies to emphasise the girly factor.
UDD Products used: 
Papers - #BLO016. Spring is in the Air, #BLO013. Orchard, #BLO011. Awakening ** Brads - #BRD311. Blossom


TRACEY made wonderful use of her favourite, the VOGUE line and created this stunning masterpiece. I adore how she used the lovely crochet ribbon.
UDD Products used:
Papers - #VO013. Diva, #VO016. Strike a Pose, #VO012. Chic, #VO015. Runway, #VO011. Catwalk ** Ribbon - #RIB403. Vogue Ribbon ** Stamps - #UDD209. Girl friends

SANDI used the HOME SWEET HOME line to create this fun layout about last years corn maze. Isn't it great how she included some bits of corn and also the maze print?
UDD Products used:
Papers - #HSH011. Alma, #HSH012. Beach, #HSH014. Maddison St ** Brads #BRD312. See You Later Alligator, #BRD311. Blossom ** Ribbons - #RIB403. Vogue Ribbon ** Stamps - #UDD0110. Make A Bloom


GRACE made use of one of our all-time favourite paper lines CIRCLE OF FRIENDS. I love how she used the fabric covered brads as the "cherry on top" of the ice cream cones.


UDD products used:
Papers - 
#UDD0172. Princess Abbie, #UDD173. Sophie Love, #UDD0171. Miss Brin, #UDD0170. Lily Lou ** Brads - #EMB006. New Day ** Rub Ons - #UDD0082. Oodles of Doodles - Alphas


We would love to see how you use our sketch for inspiration, so please link us up in the comments section if you are playing along with us this month. We look forward to see what you create.

5 comments:

Sophia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sophia said...

Greta LO Kim...

Julia Sáddi said...

Such a lovely and lively Lo, Kim, congrats!
Gosh, my stuff still has not arrived!!! I want my home sweet home too : (
1 Huuuuge Hug, Julia Sáddi

Gabi Alberti said...

Beautiful!!

Sandi Counceller said...

Julia! I can't believe you don't have your stuff yet!Keeping my fingers crossed for you.... :-)