Monday, November 8, 2010

OF BRADS AND BRAD HOLDERS

Hello everyone!!!! This is JANIS blogging once again for Upsy Daisy!!!! Today I'm going to showcase two projects which use Upsy Daisy Brads!!!

BOYS WILL BE BOYS

I got to play with Avalanche papers for the November Monthly Sketch which you can see here. While I "borrowed" #MT2-015. Tyler from the Man About Town II Collection (for the circle cut-outs), this is really an Avalanche number!

UDD Products Used:
Papers:
Avalanche: #AVA011. Adrenaline, #AVA012. Extreme, #AVA013. Grind, #AVA014. Powder, #AVA015. Summit, #AVA016. Wipeout, Man About Town II: #MT2-015. Tyler, Brads: #BRD313. Vogue, #EMB007. Walk in the Park, Ribbons: #RIB403. Vogue Ribbon, Rub-Ons: #UDD194. Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Clear Stamps: #UDD208. Chic Bebe, #UDD210. My Guy, #UDD209. Girl friends.

Some close-ups for you: For my title, I used the "Boys will be boys" caption found in the #UDD194. Planes, Trains and Automobiles Rub-ons.

For this one, I rubbed my letters on my #AVA016. Wipeout paper first before I cut them out and adhered them on my square #BRD313. Vogue brads. I topped them with Ranger Industries' Glossy Accents for a glossy finish.


ALTERED BRAD HOLDERS


For my second project, I altered the Upsy Daisy brad holders as candy holders. My kids love these candy-coated chocolates, more so with this type of packaging!!! I used here papers from the See You Later Alligator Collection ( with the orange #UDD173. Sophie Love paper "borrowed" from the Circle of Friends Line).

UDD Products Used:
Papers: See You Later Alligator:
#SYLA012. Alphabet Soup, #SYLA013. Everglades, #SYLA004. Expedition, #SYLA015. Gators, #SYLA016. Marsh, Circle of Friends: #UDD173. Sophie Love, Brads: #EMB007. Walk in the Park, Ribbons: #RIB403. Vogue Ribbon, Clear Stamps: #UDD208. Chic Bebe, Other: UDD Brad Holders.

Some close-ups for you:


Hope I inspired you to take out your UDD papers and play with them!!! Have fun creating!!!

janis

6 comments:

Kim Sonksen said...

How fabulous!!!! I love the use of the square brads in particular, such a neat idea!

Unknown said...

I am really digging the candy container idea! It makes me want to add to my already healthy brad collection so I can try it. Beautiful pages, as always.

Jacquelin said...

These are amazing!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Marielle said...

these are super cute Janis !!

Anonymous said...

How creative, loooove the altered brad holders!

Sandi Counceller said...

Great ideas Janis! Love the candy holders!