Monday, November 22, 2010

Be There or Be Square!

Hi! My name is Jacquelin Green and I am one of the newest Daisies! I am so excited to join the team and happy to share a layout with you in my first blog post!

Living on the West Coast of Canada, we don't get a lot of snow, so when it does come we need to appreciate it and make the best of it! I captured my daughter making a snowfriend out of the tiniest amount of snow that fell this past weekend and the photos were a perfect match for the Upsy Daisy's Avalanche line!

UDD Product used: AVA012 Extreme; AVA013 Grind; AVA014 Powder; BRD315 Brads

Avalanche is a very versatile line - great for pages about boys, men, sports - but I love it for the SNOW! The rich colours are great for cards and holiday layouts, too!

I loved working with the square brads in this collection. There are so many uses for brads, especially these square ones! Their slightly larger size makes a great border or design - I used mine layered with a felt border and a lattice punched piece to draw attention to the photo and add interest:Brads can also be used for titles ( just add rub on letters!), to hang another embellishment on using a piece of any fibre, to form a photo mat or frame, to outline journaling or as a bullet for your journaling, to create a checkerboard pattern or a harlequin pattern ( think clown collar!) - the list is really endless!

I hope you all will find some inspiration today from my little project - and that you are ready to add your own unique style and ideas to the Avalanche collection!

Happy Day everyone!!

8 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous page Jacquelin!!!

Kim Sonksen said...

I love how you used the brads - totally wicked accents!

SusieJ said...

Fabulous LO! Loved the way you used the brads (may have to copy that!).
Great photos too. We're forecast snow for the end of the week..but it's only November - much too early!
Hugs,
Sue xx

Sue Sykes said...

Looks fantastic, Jaquelin - love the detail photos... !

KellyG said...

Love your layout!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Super cute! I love the way the brads diagonally almost look like argyle :)

Sandi Counceller said...

How wonderful!! Love the "square" theme!!!

lana said...

Beautiful layout!