Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Step by step project with Marielle

Hello to all of you, my name is Marielle and this is my first blog post for Upsy Daisy Design and I'm so happy to be here !!! (So sorry for being a day late ...my bad :(  , I was home yesterday with my feverish little boy ! )
First , I'm going to share with you my take on the November sketch.

Supplies are from the See Ya Later Alligator collection and the brads from the Avalanche collection.
And now instructions on how to make a fun little gift box using the Home Sweet Home collection. I love the colors in this collection.

Start with a small craft supply box (I got mine at a dollar store).

Measure the top of your box and cut two pieces of pattern papers and round off corners as shown. I did some machine stitching on the outside edges ( because I love to sew on everything LOL!!) 
Cut two strips of coordinating papers and glue to bottom .
Hand cut a few of the flowers,branches,leaves and houses to use as embellishments.
Make gift tag using your favorite mini alphas. I used pop dots to adhere many of the embellishments.

and finally fill your box with some goodies. I chose this lovely smelling potpourri but you could fill it with candy,chocolate,bath beads or even scrapbooking supplies . This little box will be a gift for my mom for her great hospitality over the Christmas holiday !!
Thanks so much for visiting the blog today !
Cheers,
Marielle

4 comments:

Jacquelin said...

This is adorable Marielle! Great job on your first post!!!!

Sandi Counceller said...

This is great Marielle!!

Kim Sonksen said...

It's such a wonderful project Marielle. I have a box like that and you have just given me a marvellous idea!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea. Love your LO and your project too!