Monday, June 6, 2011

Make Your Mark!

Hi everyone! It's Robyn here with an idea for using scraps of your favorite papers to make something you can use every day.

One of my goals for the summer is to catch up on my reading. I've got a list of books -- way more than I'll ever have time to read -- and I can't wait to dig in.

As I was cleaning up my scrap room, I couldn't bear to part with all the smaller scraps of my Upsy Daisy Home Sweet Home papers, so I decided to make some bookmarks.

Supplies Used: HSH011-Alma, HSHo12-Beach,HSH013-Cedar Crest, HSHo14-Madison St, HSH016-Rockland Rd, BRD316-Home Sweet Home Embellished Brads, BRD312-See Ya Later Alligator Brads

I cut the scraps to 2" x 5.75" and then embellished using cutouts and punches from the other scraps I had on hand. I also added in a doily that was laying on my scrap table. I cut parts of it so that I could use it on two of the bookmarks.

I finished each bookmark with a couple of strands of ribbon that I stapled on top. Then I used an Embellished Brad to cover the staple.


It's nice to know that I'll be seeing these papers again and again...every time I open my latest read.

Happy summer, everyone!

Robyn

5 comments:

Tracey Taylor said...

these are really beautiful.

Julia Sáddi said...

Inspiring!!! I really gotta make a few for myself and for close friends, thanks!
xox Julia Sáddi

Kim Sonksen said...

Those are fantastic Robyn, what an awesome quick gift to make as well.

Nancy said...

These are great! TFS!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love these! I meant to make a bunch for Father's Day gifts and I ran out of time so they will just have to be everyday gifts :)